[opendtv] Re: [opendtv]

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 09:19:09 -0400

I guess Craig will go on evangelizing on the advantages if we had stuck
with anything-but-HDTV in spite of this and anything else. Mustn't ever
change our mantra.

You still don;t get it Bert.

I have NEVER been against HD. It makes good sense for MANY applications where the size of the average display in the target audience justifies the delivery of the extra resolution.

This DOES NOT mean that every application demands this. Nor does it meant that EDTV could not do just as good a job .

What is distressing, is that once again, moving to the new new "good stuff" is sufficient rationalization to reach deeper into our pockets. What this article is saying is that millions of consumers are going to pay extra for HD.

That leaves you and the rest of the people who won;t pay extra with two options:

1. Watch the limited amount of HD content that is delivered FTA.

2. Watch Standard Definition programming.