[opendtv] Re: (no subject)

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 08:26:42 -0500

At 5:59 PM -0500 12/12/09, Albert Manfredi wrote:
If you have the actual standard handy, I mean MPEG-2, then go to Part 2 and show me where they have added different codecs.

I quoted from the actual standard in the previous message.

Part 2 lists normative references that are referred to in the text of h.262.

The definition of a codec is an encoder and decoder. H.262 defines ONLY the decoder for MPEG-2 and the bit stream syntax that the encoder must produce to allow the decoder to reconstruct the video and audio streams.