[opendtv] Re: news: F.C.C. to Open Radio Spectrum

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 13:30:14 -0500

----- Original Message ----- From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>

But F.C.C. commissioners said they had confidence that
interference could be mitigated through tight regulation of
new devices.

[ ... ]

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. In other words, no, the devices did not
measure up in tests. But we have "faith" that they can. At oleast, this
NY Times article finally said it like it is. That's a change.

So, exactly what "tight regulation" will the FCC impose on these
devices, if the rules they have already set down have been shown not to
work?

Looks to me like a lot of BS on top of BS.

Bert

No different than the "faith" the FCC had that ATSC reception problems would be sorted out eventually.

John