[opendtv] Re: news: F.C.C. to Open Radio Spectrum

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 11:37:19 -0500

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/05/technology/internet/05spectrum.html?_r
=1&th&emc=th&oref=slogin

F.C.C. to Open Radio Spectrum

By MATT RICHTEL
Published: November 4, 2008

[ ... ]

> The F.C.C. performed two sets of tests that showed some
> potential for disruption on frequencies used by broadcasters,
> live theater performances or others who rely on the same
> spectrum.
>
> But F.C.C. commissioners said they had confidence that
> interference could be mitigated through tight regulation of
> new devices.

[ ... ]

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. In other words, no, the devices did not
measure up in tests. But we have "faith" that they can. At oleast, this
NY Times article finally said it like it is. That's a change.

So, exactly what "tight regulation" will the FCC impose on these
devices, if the rules they have already set down have been shown not to
work?

Looks to me like a lot of BS on top of BS.