[opendtv] Re: news: F.C.C. to Open Radio Spectrum

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 16:27:03 -0500

Craig Birkmaier wrote:

> - We would not be having a discussion about the white spaces
> if broadcasters were proposing to do something useful with them,

> So drop this physics crap Bert. You know better

Craig, like I alluded to earlier, if you don't care about OTA TV, or if
you don't understand the physics, or if you don't care and you don't
understand the physics, obviously the whole discussion is meaningless
and trivial.

I'd very much appreciate the FCC coming out and saying they don't care
about OTA. I essentially made that point in my posting to them, on this
issue. And such an up-front statement like that would be most helpful
for Congress, since I have a feeling they will eventually have to weigh
in on this.

It's unethical to push stuff through by banking on general ignorance of
the facts.