[opendtv] Re: [lptv] FYI NEWS There Goes Analog

  • From: Mark Schubin <tvmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 13:24:22 -0400

I was at the presentation.  It was nine days of a graphic explaining
what happened and offering contact info.  The station was swamped.  The
callers broke down into 45% who wanted to know what to do to get the
station, 45% who were not interested in going to cable, satellite, or
new equipment for the signals, and another 10% who "would not be
consoled" (I think that means cursing and screaming).

Muller also said that, after a while, Good Guys (a local retail chain)
told the station to stop sending people their way, because they had
nothing to sell them.

BTW, the station's revenue (from pledges) and membership did not drop.
In fact, it went up.

Better pictures?  Sympathy (the analog shutdown was precipitated by a
lost lease at the tower)?

TTFN,
Mark