[opendtv] Re: iPad remote for Comcast

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 12:37:02 -0400

At 9:07 AM -0700 5/17/10, Kon Wilms wrote:
On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 8:53 AM, Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 It's time for both of you to wake up and smell the future, rather than
 trying to hold onto a PC computing paradigm that is rotting even as we
 argue...

Surely you jest. I smell the future and it's called Android. You stick
with your cooperative multitasking vendor/developer-lock-in platform.

You may well be right!

Certainly Google is moving in the right direction, while MS struggles to let go of their past.

My educated guess is that there is plenty of room for both, and that Apple will continue to provide much of the innovation while holding onto the higher margin segments of the market.

It remains to be seen if Google, and those who focus on Android and Chrome, will be able to keep the Android platform under control. It would be unfortunate if the end result is a marketplace that is filled with confusion because it splinters in many directions, with devices that offer different levels of reliability and functionality.

I suspect that Google will do a better job than MS, and that Apple will continue to command the attention of the development community.

Time will tell...