[opendtv] Re: being professional (was: Hollywood may demand DRM for larger harddrives)

  • From: Jeroen Stessen <jeroen.stessen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 11:18:04 +0200

Dear John (Willkie),

You wrote:
> When there is no doubt that someone cannot behave profesionally,
> despite polite suggestions, then I have another bag of tricks.

But why ? Never mind if some other subscriber _appears_ to be
unprofessional. Then you or I still have an obligation to remain
professional and courteous. Think of it as educating them. But more
often than not it is the "amateurs" who come up with the nicest
and most original ideas, and it is I who is being educated here !
We are all only professional in our own limited field of expertise,
and it is through interaction with the creativity of others, who
have other expertise and sharp minds too, that we can learn.
So be grateful of the relationships that you build up in this
forum, and don't spoil them with unnecessary rudeness.
We all have a lot to gain from our friends in this group, really.

And as for *ssholes, I'm sure that I'm one of them too. I'm just
trying not to show it too much. I have nothing to gain from that.

Greetings,
-- Jeroen

| From:     Jeroen H. Stessen   | E-mail:  Jeroen.Stessen@xxxxxxxxxxx |
| Building: SFJ-5.22 Eindhoven  | Deptmt.: Philips Applied Technologies |
| Phone:    ++31.40.2732739     | Visiting & mail address: Glaslaan 2 |
| Mobile:   ++31.6.44680021     | NL 5616 LW Eindhoven, the Netherlands |