[opendtv] Re: a peek at MDTV business models

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 05:38:10 -0500

However I'd guess the extra stuff will eventually be added to enhance those (by then) existing simulcast channels. A few experiments at first just to test the waters. And only if it is already shown folks like the mobile channels, assuming they work okay.

Does your Etherguide product have any special value added for mobile?

- Tom

John Willkie wrote:
Actually, it's hard to imagine that there will be -- at least initially --
much more than simulcast.  M/H is great technology, but the equipment to
send traffic maps, presentation graphics, and interactive services just
doesn't exist, not is the connections between automation, traffic and
business systems and "new media systems."

John Willkie