[opendtv] Re: Zenith/LG NOT announcing new STB's based upon 5'th gen chip

  • From: "Dale Kelly" <dalekelly@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 10:20:59 -0800

Mark said:
> The statement has been verified to my satisfaction.  I'm not sure I'm
> permitted to say how.
>
> Why would LG issue a press release about something that makes them look
> bad?

An  LG management employee verified the statements accuracy though I'm not
free to provide attribution to this, or other forums.

Unfortunately we did not learn what motivated this decision, one which has
led to much diverse and interesting speculation. I do know that this
decision is very dissappointing to the FOTA broadcast community. However,
I'm certain that other industries will applaud LG's strategy, whatever it
may be.