[opendtv] Re: Zenith box at Radio Shack

  • From: Cliff Benham <flyback1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 13:56:30 -0500

Dale Kelly wrote:
Bert wrote:
What Cliff explained was a situation in which each newer product
performed better than the older one, with the improvement slowly
diminishing. The improvement between the Philips, maybe ~1 year old
design, and the brand new STBs being described as "slight." Which is
pretty much what one would hope for.

The Samsung STB used the older ATI Xilleon 240 demod and decoder, which
is a couple of years old now, I think.

I assume that they would always use their most current demod but I'm curios
about the receiver design, was it upgraded for this particular use?.

All three receivers I compared are stock, as they came off the store shelves. I have never tried to find or install any software 'updates' for any of the 'boxes' I own.