[opendtv] You May Be Buying a New 5th Gen Apple TV Sooner Than You Planned

  • From: Monty Solomon <monty@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 23:54:38 -0500

You May Be Buying a New 5th Gen Apple TV Sooner Than You Planned

John Martellaro
Dec 18, 2015

Last week, I saw: "Is Apple already prepping a faster, more powerful
Apple TV?" I sat on that article for a bit because I wanted to analyze
other sources. And one did come along, not with more facts, but more
nuanced (or perhaps agitated) speculation. "New Apple Leak Will Upset
Apple TV Owners."

Both these articles took some rudimentary facts leaked from Digitimes
and weaved a complex story about how Apple customers are going to be
annoyed if an upgraded Apple TV ships too soon, what additional
functions it might have, and, by golly, will it finally have 4K UHD
support? And how will 4th generation purchasers feel about that?

http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/article/you-may-be-buying-a-new-5th-gen-apple-tv-sooner-than-you-planned