[opendtv] Re: Xbox One Airs Out Latest TV Play | Multichannel

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 00:25:23 +0000

Craig Birkmaier wrote:

So Bert

If it makes you feel better, you can believe that the X-box One
Is just a purpose built PC, designed to use the TV as its screen...

Funny you should mention that, because in essence, so does Microsoft! And so
does Dell! The Dell gaming consoles Alienware, including the newest Alpha, *is*
a PC. And Xbox One will get Windows 10, like PCs.

The article you posted focused more on OTA TV reception of the Xbox One, but
once they have the to-be-ubiquitous Windows 10, I see the Xbox One becoming
another Alienware Alpha.

http://www.alienware.com/landings/steammachine/

They clearly state in there that the Alpha Steam Machine is a hybrid product -
gaming console and full-fledged desktop. And I would not be surprised if
enterprising smart TV manufacturers don't also get into this game.