[opendtv] Re: Winners and losers

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 12:25:58 -0400

At 11:12 AM -0400 7/20/10, Cliff Benham wrote:
I see,

Craig thinks what's on cable, DBS and fiber is not crap?

There is more crap on cable, etc, than on FOTA and I don't watch any of it.

There's plenty of crap to go around, and may of the most popular cable channels are outlets for off network shows. I don't care for this stuff from ANY source.

I don't pay any subscriber fees, I specifically don't watch FOX and I hardly watch anything

but the news, weather, the occasional PBS program and the free C-Band programming from

Classic Arts Showcase. http://www.classicartsshowcase.org/

There is little else worth my time on broadcast or cable, etc. television.

Unless you live in a metropolitan area, generally the news content and presentation suck.

Luckily for me I get free DTV from both Baltimore and Philadelphia.

If I want to watch a program from History Channel, NASA, TLC or Discovery or something

similar, I buy or rent the DVD and watch it without any commercials.

What all commercial TV has become is useless drivel not worthy of being called 'programming'.

I am generally in agreement with Cliff here.

There is almost nothing on broadcast TV other than sports that I watch. The one exception is that I watched the last two seasons of 24 and have seen a a few episodes of the various CSIs.

Like most homes we only watch a handful of cable channels...

By the way Bert, I have no major problem paying subscriber fees for the channels I watch. It is the fees for the channels that I don't watch that I REALLY object to.

To be honest, I spend far more time sleeping with the TV on than watching it.