[opendtv] Re: Winguard Square Shooter Antenna exposed

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 17:03:02 -0400

John Shutt wrote:

> For those of you that wanted to see the inside of the Square Shooter
> antenna:
>
> http://www.hdtvexpert.com/Pages/squareshot.htm
>
> Cheers,
>
> John Shutt
>
> Oh yeah, that web link also has some ad hoc OTA ATSC
> reception testing.  No comment!

That "no comment" comment had me expecting the worst. Instead,
Peter Putman had good results with a 4th gen LG receiver and
an assortment of antenna types. (Fourth gen meaning NOT state
of the art any longer.)

Other good news is that Radio Shack has reintroduced their
double bowtie, which I can vouch for as being significantly
better than other indoor antennas I have tried over many
years. It appears to be about equal to the squate shooter.