[opendtv] Re: Windows 10 growth sluggish as Windows 7/8.x users stick with their OS | ZDNet

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 01:14:46 +0000

Craig Birkmaier wrote:

Seriously?

What a cop out. I stick with cable - for now - because that is where
most of the content we want to watch is offered.

Come now, Craig. It's hardly surprising that people resist change, especially
if they have to be the ones implementing it. Installing a new OS, for many/most
people, is nothing but a big nuisance. If they see stories about others having
trouble with the upgrade, what better excuse to procrastinate?

I will cut that cord as soon as there is a viable alternative.

There, perfect example of procrastination. You already have alternatives.

Perhaps that's why Mac market share is growing while Windows is
in decline.

"Windows" is installed in lots of PC brands. Some are in decline, and some are
growing. Whereas Apple is just one brand. As of 2014, HP, Dell, and "others"
each had considerably higher market share than Apple, and both Dell and Lenovo
were growing.

And sure, upgrading an OS in a walled-in system like Apple Macs is easier than
upgrading an OS in a huge variety of computers with third party components and
peripherals. That's obvious.