[opendtv] Re: Win7 and DOS applications

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 09:29:56 -0500

In a business-oriented OS like Windows, it's inexcusable for Microsoft to behave as Apple does in their products. ...

At least, since this is not Apple we're talking about, some enterprising third parties will no doubt close the gap (like DOSbox). And, with luck, Microsoft itself might come to their senses.

What has Apple got to do with this?

Backward compatibility has always been important for Apple; we have been through two processor changes and a complete new OS change with minimal disruption.

And keep in mind, you are an engineer who loves what's inside the box. The vast majority of consumers want something that is reliable and relatively easy to use.