[opendtv] Re: Will broadcasters use ISAN content_ID numbers?

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 20:46:01 -0800

Tom;

House numbers will be useful to identify assets in broadcast plants for some
time.

The only way you can find SMPTE 2021 right now is to join SMPTE and the S22
subcommittee that's developing it.  It will probably be published by the
time of NAB, but that might be optimistic.  (I remember the chairman saying
we had to get the document through the committee before NAB 2006.)

SMPTE membership costs $135 a year.

I just read a good article in the Motion Imaging journal about how the
Korean Broadcasting System distributes essence and metadata in their plant.

John Willkie