[opendtv] Re: Wielding a hammer due to Comcast customer 'service'

  • From: "Mark A. Aitken" <maitken@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 15:19:18 -0400

I could go on and on about my (and my sons) "adventures" with Comcast. Starting with 'not a clue' as to HDTV (repeated missed dates and showing up with the wrong gear/wrong interconnect cost them/earned him several months of 'free' service), ending (most recently, as in literally last night) with my getting a month of my regular broadband 'free' (it is really fast when it works) for a bungled host of work last month (in order to get service AFTER the techs left, I had to go out and reconnector the new buried line...). Unfortunately, I fear it is long from really being ended...

So do so many others... (i.e. <http://adage.com/garfieldtheblog/post?article_id=120338>)

If it were'nt for the fact that I am a "high speed" addict, I would not bother (we watch OTA).

Sign me as another "stuck schmuck" for Broadband (I can't wait for the day when I have a choice...)

Mark

PS - Thanks John for hitting where it hurts! :-)

John Willkie wrote:

http://www.insidenova.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=ISN/MGArticle/WPN_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1173353015622 <http://www.insidenova.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=ISN/MGArticle/WPN_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1173353015622>

Did you see the posting in today's CTAM SmartBrief "Comcast seeks to expand global reach."

Yeah, that is the trick; having exhausted the victim pool in the U.S., seek foreigners to abuse.

John Willkie, who has never been a Comcast customer, but who suspects some of them look back fondly (now) on TCI's bad customer service by comparison.

--

Regards,
Mark A. Aitken

<><   <><   <><   <><   <><   <><   <><

===================================
Sinclair Broadcast Group
10706 Beaver Dam Road
Hunt Valley, MD 21030
===================================
Business TEL: (410) 568-1535
Business MOBILE: (443) 677-4425
Business FAX: (410) 568-1580
E-mail: maitken@xxxxxxxxxx
Text PAGE: page.maitken@xxxxxxxxxx
HTML PAGE: 4436774425@xxxxxxxxxx
www.newscentral.tv
www.sbgi.net

"If you listen to all the people saying
why you shouldn't, or can't, do something,
you'll never do anything."

------ Edward Whitacre Jr. --------
"Any sufficiently advanced technology
is indistinguishable from magic."