[opendtv] Re: WiFi Supplanting Broadcasting? Get Real!

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 20:37:16 -0400

Maybe people in the wired communications business like cable and
telcos already think they are doing okay without much new fiber.

But it seems to me the companies with nice rights of way and no
substantial communications business would be the power companies.
Maybe they should start laying fiber and competing that way if they
can't manage to sell data over power lines well?

- Tom