[opendtv] Re: Why did we undertake this transition in the first place?

  • From: "John Willkie" <JohnWillkie@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 09:06:21 -0800

Bill;

Branded channels in the ATSC world have nothing to do with RF channels, but
are mere channel identifiers, either assigned by the FCC (channels 2-69 for
the moment, 2-51 when we're beyond the transition), and via local/regional
agreement.

To say that it's stupid is -- I would assert -- legacy thinking.  What
channel does your cell phone operate on?