[opendtv] Re: Why HANA, why now?

  • From: John Golitsis <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 09:22:19 -0400

Having been in A/V retail for a number of years and having done countless A/V system installs, I can tell you that something like HANA is very dearly needed. Unfortunately, HANA will likely go the way of it's predecessor HAVi (www.havi.org) and never make any meaningful impact on the market. Why HAVi failed so miserably is something I'd love to know.

On 5-Oct-06, at 9:01 AM, John McClenny wrote:

HANA is all about the 1394 people trying to find a reason to survive.

Along with the CEA's ongoing push to try to increase the retail cost of TVs by adding more functionality that most consumers don't want.