[opendtv] Re: Why Apple is ripe to disrupt the TV business | ZDNet

  • From: Albert Manfredi <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 May 2015 03:21:03 -0400

Craig wrote:

I'm not posting this because the author is making the case for Apple to get
in
the TV business.

Looks like that's exactly what Craig is doing.

I'm posting it because he does a very good job of describing
the problems he hopes Apple can solve.

Except we've already talked ad nauseam about everything he's addressing here.
If anything, it's only Craig who apparently likes cable STBs. No one else needs
to be convinced, Craig. Sounds like just another Apple evangelist going on
about the mystique, scarce on details, heavy on hype.

"If Apple disrupts the cable TV business," the article wonders. The cable TV
business is being disrupted every day already. With and without Apple involved.