[opendtv] Re: Who is Al Boliska?

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 12:20:16 -0400

They're coming, Tom. I just got (as a 'surprise' Father's Day gift) a pair of 1 watt Luxeon LED flashlights that run on 3 AAA batteries and are brighter than a 2 C-Cell Maglite.

http://www.luxeon.com/

John

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Barry" <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>

But a couple months ago I spent a few hours cruising around the net looking to replace those bulbs with screw in LED bulbs. For the most part I failed to find any LED bulbs that gave the light equivalent of more than about 20 watts incandescent. It was something of a disappointment to me but it doesn't appear the LED tech is quite there yet for normal home consumer use. But I'll keep watching for them.

- Tom