[opendtv] Re: White spaces and 700MHz D Block could be part of new US spectrum plan

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 09:14:45 -0400

At 1:38 PM -0400 9/29/09, John Shutt wrote:
What if this gizmo is working fine, but the user turned it on at 1 AM, after I turned off my transmitter for the night? (Not all stations broadcast 24/7.)

Then it is not interfering with your signal. When you power up the transmitter in the morning it will detect the signal and use another frequency. But it is likely that it would not use your frequency ANYWAY, because of the database/GPS requirements for these devices.