[opendtv] Re: White paper from CEA

  • From: "Tony Neece" <tonyneece@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 00:11:16 -0800

Thanks for the spelling correction.  Wasn't sure how he spelled his =
name. =20
Quoted from a New York Times article, June 24, 2004:=20

"LG's new technology is a giant leap toward addressing the multipath
reception problems," said Nat Ostroff, Sinclair vice president for new
technology. Now that consumers will easily be able to receive digital
broadcasts, "the incentive is there for us to go to full power."

I also read a similar statement of his in TV Technology. From that
I gather Mr. Ostroff's position is that with the improved receivers, =
there
is no longer sufficient compelling benefit to COFDM as to warrant an on
going battle to revert back to square one with our DTV standards.  =20