[opendtv] Re: White paper from CEA

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 17:58:14 -0400

Cliff Benham wrote:

> NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> You are misquoting what I wrote completely.

> I also said I could pickup one or two of the Philly
> stations and one or two of the Baltimore stations
> "none perfectly" with a Silver Sensor indoors 7 feet
> above my living room floor for the first time ever
> at anytime here at home with the Accurian.

Okay, it wasn't all the Phila and all the Balt stations.
I rechecked, though, because it sounded much better
in your first report than what you are remembering now.
So here it is:

------------------------
[opendtv] Accurian DTV STB from Radio Shack
From: Cliff Benham
To: opendtv
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 16:17:13 -0400

Wait, this just in,---
HOLY GUACAMOLE BATMAN, IT'S WORKING WITH THE SILVER
SENSOR SEVEN FEET OFF THE FLOORIN MY LIVING ROOM!!!!!!!
I'm getting 4 of the Philly stations and 2 of the
Baltimore stations with an indoor antenna! The S.S.
antenna is pointed in the general direction of Philly,
and I have not attempted repointing it to get better
signals. No other STB has ever performed this well out
here in the country. No other STB I have tested here
will work with an indoor antenna. A $90 bargain for
sure.

So it was 4 Phila and 2 Balt stations, without
repointing the indoor antenna. Still not bad for these
emergencies we were talking about.

Since I can't receive NTSC from Annapolis upstairs
with a RS double bowtie, about 35 miles as the crow
flies, I'll bet you that you won't be able to receive
any NTSC from Baltimore from your first floor.

In short, I can't fathom the repeated notion that
ATSC isn't up to these emergencies.