[opendtv] Re: White paper from CEA

  • From: Cliff Benham <cbenham@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 17:13:00 -0400

Manfredi, Albert E wrote:

>When people like Cliff, in a single story house,  are
>capable of receiving all DTT stations from 37 mile
>distant Philadelphia and 52 mile distant Baltimore, with
>only an indoor antenna, a feat they cannot do with NTSC,
>I'd say the picture is changing.

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are misquoting what I wrote completely.

I said I can pick up all the Philly DTV stations (except for FOX) and
all the Baltimore stations
with a huge 7 ft parabolic UHF antenna 28 feet in the air and a mast
mounted preamp connected to the Accurian STB.

I also said I could pickup one or two of the Philly stations and one or
two of the Baltimore stations "none perfectly" with
a Silver Sensor indoors 7 feet above my living room floor for the first
time ever at anytime here at home with the Accurian.

None of the other STBs and PC cards I have tried can do this last part
indoors with the Silver Sensor.
I have not tried to verify how many of the analog UHF stations I can
receive from each direction. Maybe I will do that
if I get time in the next week or so...