[opendtv] Re: White paper from CEA

  • From: Richard Hollandsworth <holl_ands@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 13:44:39 -0700 (PDT)

TWC-SD did not know anything about the SA's IR Blaster, I even showed them the
spec sheet for the optional "VCR Commander".
I had two different IR Blasters at home, neither of them worked...so I gave it
up....

The SA3250HD User Guide only showed where the "VCR Commander" IR Blaster plugs
in and briefly mentioned it as an option that can enabled by your local cable
system.

The SA3270HD (retail version) User Guide was much more complete, where I
learned that you had to go into the STB's menu and select which VCR (i.e. IR
codes) you wanted to control.

No such menu can be found under either SETTINGS or the Extended Diagnostic
Menus for ANY of the STBs used on TWC-SD.

                                <holl_ands>

John Golitsis <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Richard, there is no IR blaster built into the 3250HD...you have to
add it as an option (plugs into the back). When I had a 3250HD, I
had the blaster and it worked just fine on my JVC D-VHS (though my
3250HD had no Firewire, so I was recording s-video)