[opendtv] Re: White paper from CEA

  • From: Richard Hollandsworth <holl_ands@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 09:36:49 -0800 (PST)

If it's so easy and so obviously needed, why doesn't anyone make such a
Preamp????
And don't forget the RF bandwidth derived AGC....and considerably more than
just 10 dB.
FYI: Fol. is "Digital Television Tuner Design" presentation by Max Muterspauch
(TTE/Thomsen) that addresses RF Front End bandwidth, varactor Q, "typical"
Noise Figure and even the double conversion tuner design found in the Grand
Alliance ATSC Receiver:
www.ieee802.org/22/Meeting_documents/2005_Jan/
22-05-0006-00-0000_Digital_Television_Tuner_Design.ppt

The fol app note for the Infineon TUA6043T when used for ATSC is about the only
info I've found on-line re RF Front End bandwidth:
https://www.infineon.com/cgi-bin/ifx/portal/ep/programView.do?channelId=-64222&programId=32784&programPage=%2Fep%2Fprogram%2Fdocument.jsp&pageTypeId=17099&BV_SessionID=@@@@0730106163.1131125461@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccckaddgeedkmkfcflgcegndfifdfoi.0
Good luck with that link!!!!
Or go to Infineon site, find TUA6043T and click on Documents under TUA6043T for
the product sheet and then Documents under Digital Terr. Tuner for the app.
note.]

                                 <holl_ands>

Allen Le Roy Limberg <allimberg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You shouldn't use a wideband LNA. The preamp should be tuned also, easy to
do with electronic tuning, even at masthead.

Al