[opendtv] Re: White paper from CEA

  • From: Tony Neece <tonyneece@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 19:49:59 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

Craig I am beginning to understand the point behind your point of view.

Your apparent belief is that no one should be able to receive TV unless they
are tethered to cable or dbs.
Perhaps you have something to gain if cable or DBS no longer had competition
from free OTA television.

Many of your statements are not based in fact.  You state them with firm
assurance but without any reference to factual sources.

What evidence can you provide that broadcasters extort money from their
competitors subscribers?

What evidence can you  provide that broadcasters would continue to profit
greatly morefrom NTSC rather than a fully deployed digital system?  Your
statements in this regard are simply absurd.  It was the NAB that began the
push for a digital system in the first place.

How egregious it is to suggest broadcasters would want to hold onto NTSC if
they had an equal audience for their digital transmissions.

You have even implied broadcasters have only spent their millions on digital
equipment for the sole purpose of filling up spectrum so no one else can use
it!  It would hardly suprise me to hear you suggest that the NAB was behind a
cover-up of the JFK assination.

Tony