[opendtv] Re: White paper from CEA

  • From: Cliff Benham <cbenham@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 00:06:24 -0500

Zenith.
The ATSC was trying to save the **very last** U.S. consumer electronics
company by making the system of choice 8VSB.
Zenith owned the 8VSB patents and would hopefully make enough money from
the royalty payments to stay in business as an
American company.
But, LG still bought them out and now we are stuck with a politically
selected DTV system.