[opendtv] Re: White paper from CEA

  • From: Bob Miller <bob@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 13:02:25 -0500

I believe Nat was only comparing reception of COFDM and 8-VSB for fixed
reception. I think Nat would welcome the ability to compete in the
growing mobile market. He would be the first to switch to COFDM if allowed.

And by the way he is wrong. COFDM is still better for fixed reception.
We tested the same prototype Sinclair tested. I believe that Nat in his
initial euphoria over testing the prototype went a little too far. I
also believe that the prototype represents a good enough reception for
fixed receivers.

Bob Miller