[opendtv] Re: Which Modulation Would You Choose on a really bad day?

  • From: "Donald Koeleman" <donald.koeleman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 19:19:59 +0200

They tend to not like this when I say this, as this 'Portable B' network is
their pride and joy and they have been promoting and promising  indoor and
portable reception since the second half of the nineties, but from personal
experience (and those of others) I can tell you that indoor reception leaves
a LOT! to be desired, even on a so-called DVB-T Portable B network. I can
see the reasons for this such as limited transmission power, but the issue
remains.

A few years ago there were the usual complints about the coverage of the
radiostations that have a task in emergy warning, guess what one of the
responsible cabinet members said, whell we can always send sent soundtrucks,
vans with a megaphone on the rooftop, so guess what infrastructure is in
place with respect to the Digital Terrestrial Broadcasting service...

I.e. even COFDM might not be the answer.

d.