[opendtv] Re: Which Modulation Would You Choose on a really bad day?

  • From: "Ian Mackenzie" <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 19:45:56 +1000

Obviously Mexico and Canada have to use
whatever the US chooses.

Basically the USA and S.Korea are the
only takers for ATSC

As to HD there are 5 networks with over 80
Stations transmitting full time HD in Australia.
They have been for some time and more are coming
On line all the time. (not counting translators,
repeaters and gap-fillers).

HD on satellite in Japan and Europe is also something
That's been operating for some time.

One doesn't have to give excuses as to whether COFDM
will work in mobile or handheld, city, suburban or
urban environments, it just does.