[opendtv] Re: What does it take to convince

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 06:59:34 -0500

At 4:28 PM -0800 11/19/08, Dale Kelly wrote:
On the other hand, we on the central Left Coast have suffered through some
record high temperatures this Fall; a balancing act perhaps and after all,
this is a global issue.

Yes, I agree you cannot cherry pick. Clearly Southern Californiam Nevada and Colorado have seen some recent record highs - I did not find any evidence that this extended up to Oregon and Washington. Not that it matters.

At the global level there is plenty of evidence that we have entered a cooling period, even as there have been some erroneous reports that we are still seeing record highs.

This is the nature of weather on this planet.

I clearly hear the climate change drums pounding in political capitals around the world. Evidence be damned, this is just too good an opportunity for the bourgeois to let go of.

"Cap and Trade" may well be the straw that breaks our backs. We keep hearing about this being the worst economy since the depression. In reality it is only the worst since the Carter administration, however, the capacity of the politicians to sends us crashing into another depression seems not only possible, but highly likely at this time.

Somehow, Mobile DTV does not seem like the engine of salvation for OTA broadcasting...