[opendtv] Re: What does it take to convince

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 13:02:57 -0500

At 8:19 PM -0500 11/18/08, Tom Barry wrote:
As much as I think global warming is a potentially serious issue I'm very surprised at how long the heated (no pun!) discussion has persisted on this list.

Is it just a slow month in dtvland? Or are we all now just waiting for February to see how it actually goes with the dtv transition.

What's going to happen in February?

;-)

I suspect that cold weather is going to be on the minds of more people in the U.S. than the end of high power analog TV broadcasts.

I am of the school that believes in the interconnectedness of all things. The connections here are obvious:

1. TV broadcasting still exists in the U.S. because of the tremendous influence of special interests on what was once a market based economy, unparalleled in the history of humankind.

That politicians have propped up what may be the most important tool in their arsenal to influence and control the masses cannot be debated. We have the most powerful propaganda machine in the world, and it is largely controlled by five companies that helped the politicians change our culture - as a result the masses now believe that only government (the political elite) can solve our problems.

2. The global warming/climate change movement grew out of political activism - it's root ARE NOT in the scientific community.

This movement has been cultivated by politicians around the planet, who in turn financed the activities in the scientific community to support the belief that human activity is responsible for global climate change.

This movement has been promoted by the same media who depend on governments around the world to maintain their oligopolies, profit margins that put Exxon to shame, and their ability to influence the masses. It is no coincidence that Mr. Gore turned to Hollywood to create one of the most effective propaganda films in history, which was offered under the guise of being a "documentary." It is also no coincidence that Mr. Gore now operates a television network.

3. The underlying principle behind environmental activism is the redistribution of wealth. One could say that this is the modern political interpretation of "The Fairness Doctrine:"

It is inappropriate for one human to achieve more than another human, and if that human succeeds, they are being selfish if they do not share the wealth with those less fortunate.*

*NOTE: This doctrine does not apply to politicians, professional athletes, the Hollywood elite, and the special interests who have turned to government to protect their wealth.

The media are critically important as a tool to influence the masses so as to promulgate this agenda.

Bottom line, the plan is working.

It is NOT important that the facts do not support the reality. The reality distortion field is all that matters, and political control of the media and now science makes this possible.

Not that any of this is new - it has been repeated time and again throughout human history.

Politicians still believe that the Earth is at the center of their universe.

And remember when talking about the weather was a safe topic? ;-)

Remember when we had "Freedom of Speech?"

Now we have books dedicated to the words and concepts that cannot be used in the textbooks used to educate future generations.

Fortunately, according to Marx we have much to look forward to:

"When, in the course of development, class distinctions have disappeared, and all production has been concentrated in the hands of a vast association of the whole nation, the public power will lose its political character. Political power, properly so called, is merely the organized power of one class for oppressing another. If the proletariat during its contest with the bourgeoisie is compelled, by the force of circumstances, to organize itself as a class; if, by means of a revolution, it makes itself the ruling class, and, as such, sweeps away by force the old conditions of production, then it will, along with these conditions, have swept away the conditions for the existence of class antagonisms and of classes generally, and will thereby have abolished its own supremacy as a class."

As we have witnessed in our lifetime, the net result is that everyone suffers equally, except of course for the ruling members of the Party.