[opendtv] What about ***The Tech Retreat*** ?

  • From: Jeroen Stessen <jeroen.stessen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 14:24:44 +0100

Hello,

Is it true that Mark Schubin has not posted any Monday Memos for
weeks now ? Normally around this time of year he would talk only
about the coming HPA Tech Retreat. It's fully booked, and it looks
like an interesting program again:
  http://www.hpaonline.com/mc/page.do?sitePageId=40946

If you scroll down in the program you'll see my name, just below
Dr. Naoya Katoh of Sony. We will talk about xvYCC transmissions
and wide color gamut receivers, how we expect to receive the full
glory of the Digital Cinema color gamut in our living rooms.

Charles Poynton will kick off the subject of wide color gamut in
his pre-Retreat Seminar on Tuesday PM. We (Katoh and I) suspect
that Charles will predict that broadcasters and producers hesitate
to open up the gamut, because then the final results will depend
on the actual display gamut and on properties of the signal
processing in the receiver. And they hate that. We (Katoh and I)
intend to demonstrate that this is only a minor nuisance, well
worth getting over it, and let's all enjoy a wider color gamut.

I could go on and on, but if you want to know more then you must
come to ***The Tech Retreat*** in Palm Springs. Oops, it's full !

Best regards,
-- Jeroen

| From:     Jeroen H. Stessen   | E-mail:  Jeroen.Stessen@xxxxxxxxxxx |
| Building: SFJ-5.22 Eindhoven  | Deptmt.: Philips Applied Technologies |
| Phone:    ++31.40.2732739     | Visiting & mail address: Glaslaan 2 |
| Mobile:   ++31.6.44680021     | NL 5616 LW Eindhoven, the Netherlands |