[opendtv] Re: Wha' Happened to the FCC?

  • From: "Richard C. Ramsden" <ramsden@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 01:08:35 -0500

I live on the wrong side of a large hill.
OTA signals range from crap to not there.
One thing I could not do when I bought my house (it was a while ago) was get cable, before settlement. I caught up on some reading...

OTA has done nothing except disappoint me. It's shit and I'm glad to be rid of it.

On 3/2/2010 4:22 PM, dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx wrote:

"I do not receive broadcast TV. I get a signal over a wire." -Richard C. Ramsden

How do you stop the broadcast signal from reaching your home? Just because you don't use it, doesn't mean you don't receive it! The same might be said for DBS, and I suppose about Cable, too. Except that broadcast is always useable and the other two are not without some intentional administration.

As requested before, I am still curious about the number of TVs on FOTA, even those TVs in homes with a subscription.

-Dan