[opendtv] Re: Wha' Happened to the FCC?

  • From: "Richard C. Ramsden" <ramsden@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 00:05:57 -0500

there are lies.
there are damn lies.
And, then there are statistics.

I do not receive broadcast TV. I get a signal over a wire. So, do most in the US.

It's why Comcast is buying a controlling stake in NBC Universal. Most people do not get content over the air. When broadcasters have to pay for spectrum they have the right to complain. Put up or shut up.

On 3/1/2010 11:31 PM, John Shutt wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Barry" <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Never y'all mind that broadcast television is still the only way to reach practically every household in the United States.

That is a very strange statement.

Not strange at all. Broadcast Television reaches 99% of all US homes when you add together cable, DBS, and OTA.

John