[opendtv] Re: Wha' Happened to the FCC?

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 14:56:17 -0600

Craig Birkmaier wrote:

> By the way, our cable service was out too in 2004, so an antenna
> was needed to receive local TV broadcasts - something that more
> than 90% of homes in Gainesville do not have or use.

Same happened here when the last hurricane went by. My TV service was just
fine, thank you very much, but a huge number of cable customers were cut off.

So the message is, Craig, TV OTA broadcasting works. If some people choose not
to use it, that's their choice. For the FCC to work to abolish it is, instead,
unconscionable.