[opendtv] Re: Well, well, well; five years to match 1999 COFDM indoor antenna performance

  • From: Doug McDonald <mcdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 11:50:21 -0500

dmenolan wrote:
> After a long absence and my name taken in vain by Nick Kocsis.

Yes, it's been a long time.

We in the US now have a fluorishing HDTV system, and you in
Europe are still talking about tokens.

Our latest receivers now surpass yours (at the same bitrate),
just as was predicted. The power advantage of ours still
holds, due to the laws of physics.

The predictions I and other supporters of our system made
years ago have come to fruition.

Face it Dermot, we've got a working and wonderful
HDTV stsem and you don't .... that's the bottom line.

Sorry for you Europeans, as usual. It must be a bad
feeling to know that you are, as usual, left behind.

Doug McDonald