[opendtv] Way off topic

  • From: "Bob Miller" <robmxa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 11:41:44 -0500

I have had very good luck buying on EBAY but recently was tempted to
buy 16 Gillette Mach3 razor blades for $12 including shipping since
they seem so expensive in the store.

Went thru three of them in a week before checking Google for "Gillette
counterfeit" and found

fakeblades.com

Contacted the seller and they told me to send them back and they would
sort it out. They have since disappeared from EBAY.

Called Gillette and told them what happened and surprised me by
apologizing for my inconvenience and further apologizing for the fact
that they could only replace half of whatever my purchase had been
with real blades.

Sort of floored me. What a country. What a PR coup.

What else astounded me was how (almost) totally accurate the
counterfeit blades were. I gave a package of both the replacement real
blades and the counterfeit to my daughter and she choose the
counterfeit as the real one.

The difference in how they worked was also incredible. How could
something look so real and be so bad. Have a new appreciation for
quality. The counterfeit was all but unusable. Like scraping your face
with a dull hacksaw. The first one I used was far worse than the used
one (real) that it replaced.

As to PR look at what I am doing for Gillette here.

Bob Miller