[opendtv] Re: Way ON topic

  • From: "Barry Wilkins" <barry.barrywilkins@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 21:29:24 +1300

Hi Cliff

This all gives me a strange surrealistic feeling, i.e. I am imagining the
broadcasters pumping umpteen Megawatts of TV RF into the ether all over the
US and next to nobody actually using the medium and the broadcasters
encouraging it.
While you folks are at it over there you might as well have the railroad
companies invest a whole mess of money in electrification of all trunks to
improve efficiency but don't promote it. On the contrary, why not have the
oil companies subsidize the railways to avoid (by agreement) them actually
having passengers, so ensuring that there will always be more automobiles to
consume more gas.

The above may appear a little exaggerated but I think your DTV transition
sounds like something out of a novel that may have the title "Alice in
Blunderland".

I guess I'll have to wait a year or two to find out if I am in our own
version of "TV Blunderland" here.
Regards
Barry