[opendtv] Re: Vista prevents users from playing high-def content, researcher says

  • From: "Barry Wilkins" <barry.barrywilkins@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 21:28:06 +1200

John,

concern.  To put this in
perspective, a small neighborhood in New York City has a larger and more
sophisticated municipal government than does all of New Zealand.  There are
dozens and dozens of people in the NZ government.  If sheep could vote, it
would be much bigger."

I could just as easily say that your perspective is an unfortunate result of
a generic introspective American view of  world opinion, i.e. if it does not
emanate from a country somewhere near as big as the US or as wealthy as the
US then it cannot possibly have any credibility. But of course I will not
say that because I know there are people in the good ol' US that recognize
that your country is just part of the world rather than most of it.

Regards
Barry