[opendtv] Re: Viewers 'confused over VCRs and switchover'

  • From: "negrjp" <negrjp@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 07:21:23 -0300

> Strange piece. I don't understand how DTT users in the UK have been doing
> their time-shift recording all these years. Have DVB-T recording devices
> been selling like hotcakes over there?
>
> The other strange aspect of this piece is that it looks like timers built
> into STBs are uncommon over there. Maybe Samsung should quickly sell a DVB-T
> variant of their new ATSC/QAM STB, since it does incorporate a complete
> time-and-channel-select timer.
>
> Bert

Quote:
"Steve Weller, head of communication services at uSwitch.com, said: "VCRs
won't work in the same way after the switchover. They will not be capable of
recording anything other than the channel you are watching. If you go out,
or even go on holiday, you would have to leave your digital receiver
switched on and set to the channel that you want?hardly in line with the
drive to improve household energy efficiency."

Tradition, Confusion and Irony

In the past,  analog VCRs was used like UHF to VHF converters...

Jonas