[opendtv] Re: Video compression artifacts and MPEG noise reduction

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 21:49:31 -0400

Nice Try...

Craig Birkmaier wrote:

 You are either incorrigible or just plain ignorant!

You're insisting? That's amazing!

 Do you know what SMPTE 259M and 292M are?

 Clue - they are serial interfaces for the carriage of
 baseband digital video signals Bert.

 Stop making an ASS out of yourself.

Hey genius.

I said initially what? I said that the box was a prefilter, to be used
before MPEG encoding, to relieve stress when the bit streams get
compressed and multiplexed.

Are you still not understanding that this is the case?

Furthermore, the box can be used to reduce the effects of overly
compressed streams. For example, to then re-encode an incoming stream
into a multiplexed stream. Or as a filter in a receiver.

Are you still not understanding that this is the case?

As I said, you argued yourself around full circle, and you're still
stubbornly holding on. It's an amazing gift you have. You initially
insisted that this box was only as a receiver's filter. Do I need to
quote your words back to you?