[opendtv] Re: VHF Stations Seek Solutions for Reception Problems, by Doug Lung

  • From: Ron Economos <w6rz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 17:18:53 -0700

No, there are circular yagis. For example, see:

http://www.m2inc.com/products/vhf/2m/2mcp14.html

Ron

Dale Kelly wrote:

I believe, but am not certain, that the only true CP antenna is helical in
nature and wouldn't be broadband. Perhaps it could be broadband to some
degree by increasing the size of the coils over the length of the antenna,
something like a log periodic antenna, though it would surely reduce the
gain.

I searched Google for the available of CP TV receive antennas but struck
out. Seven years ago I constructed a full power CP UHF station on Mt. Wilson
in the LA market and was able to purchase commercial grade high gain CP*
antennas to resolve cable reception issues but I can not find any such
product available today.

* = These were panels that incorporated simple vertical and horizontal
elements, as do most UHF broadcast antennas, and they worked very well.