[opendtv] Re: VC kills fund because technology not worth the effort

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 17:23:20 -0400

Indeed. Similarly I've been checking prices for various wifi hot spots at coffee shops & restaurants recently. At first it seemed Starbucks with T-Mobile might be interesting, and even profitable for them. But at $10 per day it's hard to figure out how they can do business when places like McDonald's, Taco Bell, and Panera Bread are offering wifi for free.

Though they do have good coffee.

- Tom

John Shutt wrote:
With city after city planning to build out their own *free* Wi-Fi nets, why would anyone invest in companies that plan building and charging for the same thing?

John

----- Original Message ----- From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>