[opendtv] Re: Use their spectrum? Now that is a threat!

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 22:55:28 -0500

>  >The business model is obvious. Free multi-channel TV.
>>
>>How to get there from here is the big problem.
>>
>>Regards
>>Craig
>>

>I disagree. Getting there from here is simply the arrival of a working
>and reasonably priced 8-VSB receiver. LG's 5th gen will work.

Technology FOLLOWS business decisions, it does not lead them.

If the FCC decided next week to "let the market decide" on modulation
- the original Sinclair proposal - nothing would change.

If you can create a viable mechanism, by which existing broadcast
licensee's can migrate to a new infrastructure for multi-channel  FTA
broadcasting, then the right business decisions will be made, which
will result in the choice of the best technology to reach the maximum
number of homes...reliably!